We are proud to announce that we have recently expanded our global data center portfolio to include hosting and backup services at our new facility in New York City. Located in the Financial District of Lower Manhattan, the data center adheres to the same strict security and access controls and offers the same next-generation, high-performance network connectivity as our other facilities in Canada and the UK.
The driving force behind the expansion into the U.S. is to provide our customers both the potential for greater proximity to a GT.net data center as well as stateside data storage options to satisfy legal, regulatory or customer requirements.
Data Center Security & Performance
Specific details of the New York City facility include:
- Environmental Control – State-of-the-art climate control and air filter systems, along with DX-based CRAC units
- Power – 720-kw power feed capacity with flexible cabinet voltage, N+1 UPS configuration and diesel-fueled backup power systems
- Disaster Mitigation – Pre-action, dry-pipe sprinkler system and a clean agent advanced fire extinguishing system
- Security – 24/7 on-site guard team, identity access control, DVR camera systems and highly secure locking systems
- Support – 24/7/365 monitoring via the GT.net Network Operations Center (NOC) and our extensively trained staff
Our methodology, training and dedication to uptime give us (and our customers) the highest levels of confidence in our services. In fact, we are so certain that you’ll never experience any downtime with GT.net that we are one of the few providers to offer a 100% core network uptime service level agreement (SLA).
Please contact us at any point if you’d like more information about how our U.S. data center could be of benefit to you and your company, or if you’d like to hear about our global network in general. You can also click through to find out more about our infrastructure, data centers and content delivery network (CDN).